Curried Chickpea Cakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14 oz chickpeas canned, drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over low-medium heat then sauté the onion and curry paste for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add in the garlic and chickpeas. Roughly mash until combined then sprinkle with salt.
- Form the mixture into 2 flat rounds that will hold together while cooking.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a bowl and press the patties into the breadcrumbs until coated on both sides.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in another large frying pan over medium heat and fry the cakes for about 4 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towels. Enjoy!
Tip: If patties will not stick together when formed; add 2 tbsp of panko to the mix before coating.