- 2 cups flour whole wheat
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder Brand: Bob's Red Mill, NO ALUMINUM
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp flaxseed ground
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups hemp milk hemp, unsweetened, room temp.
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance butter melted, cooled
- 2 tsp Earth balance butter divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground flaxseeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another small bowl whisk together the hemp milk, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until few lumps remain.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat then use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion batter into pan in 3 place. Cook until edges are set and bubbles begin to form on surface.
- Flip the pancake and continue to cook until second side is golden. Serve immediately then repeat the cooking process with remaining butter and batter. Enjoy!
Serve with fresh fruit of choice and date syrup instead of maple syrup.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 365.01 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.78g17%
Vitamin A 249.6IU5%
Vitamin B1 0.01mg1%
Vitamin B3 0.03mg0%
Vitamin B5 0.01mg0%
Vitamin B6 0.01mg1%
Vitamin C 2.86mg3%
Vitamin E 0.01mg0%
Vitamin K 0.04µg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.