- Food Processor
- Rolling Pin
- 1 1/8 cup flour whole wheat, divided
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 tsp all spice ground
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1/3 cup date sugar
- 3 tbsp date syrup
- 1 1/2 oz crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees while you line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup of flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice into a food processor then process until just combined. Add in all of the other ingredients except the 1/8 remaining cup of flour; then process until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle the remaining flour over a flat a surface then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits into the shape that you want; transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Any remnants of the dough left, re-roll and re-cut. Bake biscuits for 18-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Leave on the baking sheet to cool and firm up; then carefully remove and place in a airtight container. Enjoy!
Use fun cookie cutters especially if you are cooking with children.