Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- Food Processor
- Rolling Pin
- 1 1/8 cup flour whole wheat, divided
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/4 tsp allspice ground
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 1/3 cup date sugar
- 3 tbsp date syrup
- 1 1/2 oz crystallized ginger
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees while you line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1 cup of flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice into a food processor then process until just combined. Add in all of the other ingredients except the 1/8 remaining cup of flour; then process until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle the remaining flour over a flat a surface then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits into the shape that you want; transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Any remnants of the dough left, re-roll and re-cut. Bake biscuits for 18-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Leave on the baking sheet to cool and firm up; then carefully remove and place in a airtight container. Enjoy!
Use fun cookie cutters especially if you are cooking with children.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 149.18 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.21g8%
Vitamin A 0.61IU0%
Vitamin B3 0.04mg0%
Vitamin C 0.28mg0%
Vitamin K 0.02µg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.