Lemon and Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- In a large stock pot with a lid, add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa, cover, and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and mix in remaining ingredients.
This dish is delicious served hot or cold.