- 1 cup raw almonds or raw cashews
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave nectar optional
- Water for soaking
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and cover with water. Soak for 4-5 hours or until softened. Drain.
- Pour the 4 cups of water into a blender. Add the almonds and blend on high until a smooth consistency.
- Strain the mixture through a piece of cheesecloth. After straining, place in a bowl.
- By hand, mix in the salt, vanilla, and agave. Adjust to taste.
ALERT!!!! This recipe should only be used by people on the 1800 or 2000 calorie plan, and by those that are just eating a plant-based diet, and not on a weight-loss plan.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 162.75 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.02g6%
Vitamin A 3.25IU0%
Vitamin B1 0.05mg3%
Vitamin B2 0.3mg18%
Vitamin B3 0.97mg5%
Vitamin B5 0.12mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.02mg1%
Vitamin C 0.3mg0%
Vitamin E 6.95mg46%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.