- 1 cup raw almonds or raw cashews
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave nectar optional
- Water for soaking
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and cover with water. Soak for 4-5 hours or until softened. Drain.
- Pour the 4 cups of water into a blender. Add the almonds and blend on high until a smooth consistency.
- Strain the mixture through a piece of cheesecloth. After straining, place in a bowl.
- By hand, mix in the salt, vanilla, and agave. Adjust to taste.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.