Pan Seared Tofu in Red Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika ground
- 28 oz tomatoes diced
- 12 oz tofu firm, sliced 1/2' pieces
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, shredded
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat then saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and mix in the garlic, tomato paste, salt, cumin, coriander, paprika, and diced tomatoes and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent any sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate skillet heat the remaining tablespoons of olive oil and lightly pan fry the tofu slices on each side till slightly browned. Once browned transfer the pieces to the tomato sauce and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls; garnish with basil and enjoy.