Pickled Carrots and Cucumbers
- 1 cup carrots peeled, cut into coins
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, cut into coins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns whole
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/4 tsp dill dried
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Place the carrot coins, and cucumber coins into a 1 quart lidded jar.
- Combine the water, agave, salt, peppercorns, garlic, dill and bay leaves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until salt and agave have dissolved then pour brine into the jar.
- Add enough vinegar to cover then seal the jar and refrigerate for about 2 1/2 hours before serving. Enjoy!