Potato and Onion Frittata
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes peeled, sliced 1/4' thick
- 5 tbsp Earth Balance butter divided
- 2 cups red onions sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup flour chickpea
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to a boil and cook for 9-10 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over low-medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for about 10 minutes, until just tender but not browned.
- Place the potato slices in an even layer on top of the onions then pour 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the potatoes.
- Mix together the chickpea flour, salt, pepper, and water in a separate bowl. Pour over the potato-onion mix to cover; make sure it seeps through to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until mixture sets around the edges. Loosen the edges from the pan, then turn it out onto a large plate.
- Heat remaining butter in the frying pan, then slide the frittata back into the pan, and cook for another 12-15 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Plate and enjoy.
Serves well with a mango chutney or fresh salsa.