- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, tricolor, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, minced
- Bring the water to a boil in medium sized saucepan over high heat. Add in the rinsed quinoa and 1 teaspoon of salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl to allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber and remaining salt in a medium bowl and let stand for 20 minutes to allow for the natural juices to be released.
- Stir the tomato-cucumber mix into the quinoa along with any juices. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, bell pepper, and parsley into the quinoa. Allow flavors to combine for 10 to 20 minutes then serve. Enjoy!
Serves well with whole wheat pita chips.