Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
Helps Fight Cancer: Colon
- Large Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter divided; melted
- 1 1/2 tsp basil fresh, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp thyme dried
- Sift the chickpea flour into a medium sized bowl along with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 1/2 tablespoon melted butter then let proof for about 30 minutes.
- Place a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet in a preheated oven set to 450°F.
- Add the basil, rosemary and thyme to the batter; whisk until smooth. VERY carefully remove the skillet from the oven then add 1 tbsp butter to skillet, swirling to coat pan evenly. Immediately pour in the batter.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until edge of batter begins to pull away from the side of the pan and center is firm. Remove skillet from the oven then raise the oven heat to broil.
- With the remaining melted butter, brush the Socca. Place cast iron back in to broil for about 3 minutes or until dark brown in spots. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 92.93 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.1g7%
Vitamin A 22.12IU0%
Vitamin B1 0.07mg5%
Vitamin B2 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 0.27mg1%
Vitamin B5 0.1mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.08mg4%
Vitamin C 0.08mg0%
Vitamin E 0.14mg1%
Vitamin K 2.96µg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.