Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
Helps Fight Cancer: Colon
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp basil fresh, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp thyme dried
- Sift the chickpea flour into a medium sized bowl along with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Stir in 1/2 tablespoons oil then let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Place a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet in a preheated oven set to 450 degrees.
- Add the basil, rosemary and thyme to the batter; whisk until smooth. VERY carefully remove the skillet from the oven then add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to skillet, swirling to coat pan evenly. Immediately pour in the batter.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until edge of batter begins to pull away from the side of the pan and center is firm. Remove skillet from the oven then raise the oven heat to broil.
- Brush the Socca with the remaining oil and place cast iron back in to broil for about 3 minutes or until dark brown in spots. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 79.42 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.41g3%
Vitamin A 22.11IU0%
Vitamin B1 0.06mg4%
Vitamin B2 0.01mg1%
Vitamin B3 0.27mg1%
Vitamin B5 0.1mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.08mg4%
Vitamin C 0.08mg0%
Vitamin E 0.46mg3%
Vitamin K 4.3µg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.