Southern Style BBQ Pizza
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 plant-based pizza crust ***Pizza dough recipe***
- 2 cups red onions chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu diced small
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the barbecue sauce into a single layer over the top of the pizza crust.
- In a medium skillet, sauté the onions in the olive oil. Add in the tofu and lightly toast the tofu and caramelize the onions.
- Spread the tofu mixture and the diced pineapple on the pizza. Sprinkle the top with garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or according to the instructions on the pizza crust.