Veggie Potpie Pasta
- Food Processor
- 3 cups pasta shells Tinkyada brand whole wheat
- 15.5 oz canellini beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups plant-based milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp marjoram dried
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1/4 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb veggie mix frozen, no salt added, *see notes below
- 12 oz broccoli florets frozen
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until just "al dente". Drain and keep covered; set to the side while you cook the veggies.
- Make the sauce by adding the beans, milk, nutritional yeast, marjoram, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend until smooth, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook down for about 10 minutes. Continue to add the mixed veggies and broccoli; cook another 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Mix in the sauce and pasta and heat for another 2 to 3 minutes to heat the pasta and sauce. Portion into individual bowls and enjoy.
*Veggie Mix- carrots, peas, corn, lima beans, cauliflower