Avocado "Lobster" Rolls
This quick and easy sandwich turns the amazing Hearts of Palm into a New England classic that you will want time and time again. Watch out, it is addicting...
- Food Processor
- 2 14oz jars heart of palm
- 1 rib celery
- 1 tbsp chives tightly packed
- 3 tbsp fresh dill tightly packed and divided
- 1/4 cup Plant-based mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning divided
- 3/4 tsp seaweed powder
- 4 each french rolls vegan
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance butter optional
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley tightly packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Drain hearts of palm and pat dry with paper towel.
- Chop into bite-size pieces and then soak for 10 minutes in a bowl of ice water.
- Mince the parsley, dill and chives and place in seperatae small bowls.
- Finely dice the celery and combine the plant-based mayo, 1 tsp Old Bay, 2 tbsp of the minced and 1 tsp lemon juice. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drain the heart of palm and dry with paper towel.
- Toss the heart of palm in 1 tbsp of Old Bay and the seaweed powder until fully coated. Stir in the mayo mixture and celery. Place into refrigerator.
- Leaving one side closed, spread open your french rolls. Spread 1 tbsp of the plant-based butter and toast the buns to prefered crisp.
- Add the oil, avocado, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic to your food processor. Process for 2 minutes until smooth adding oil as needed until you have a smooth pourable consistency. Add the remaining dill and parsley and process to combine.
- Add heart of palm mixture to your toasted french rolls and top with the avocado sauce.
ALERT!!!! This recipe should only be used by people on the 2000 calorie plan, and by those that are just eating a plant-based diet, and not on a weight-loss plan.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Avocado "Lobster" Rolls
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 445.93 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4.3g27%
Vitamin A 795.58IU16%
Vitamin B1 0.64mg43%
Vitamin B2 0.38mg22%
Vitamin B3 5.09mg25%
Vitamin B5 1.04mg10%
Vitamin B6 0.45mg23%
Vitamin C 34.04mg41%
Vitamin E 2.53mg17%
Vitamin K 123.05µg117%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.