- Food Processor
- 2 cup flour whole wheat
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted, chopped coarse
- 1 cup banana mashed
- 6 tbsp Earth Balance butter melted, cooled, divided
- 1/3 cup yogurt almond milk, plain
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you brush the inside of a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with melted butter.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and walnuts together in a large bowl.
- Place the mashed banana, remaining melted butter, yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into a food processor; pulse until combined well.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake until the top is firm about 1 hour, rotating pan halfway through.
- Let bread cool before serving.
ALERT!!!!! Because of the high fat and sugar this recipe should only be used cautiously by people on the 2000 calorie plan.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 327.46 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.76g17%
Vitamin A 13.46IU0%
Vitamin B1 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B2 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 0.2mg1%
Vitamin B5 0.1mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.11mg6%
Vitamin C 2.44mg3%
Vitamin E 0.07mg0%
Vitamin K 0.3µg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.