Black-eyed Pea Quesadillas
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato peeled, chopped
- 15 oz black-eyed peas canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp allspice powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1/4 tbsp sour cream plant-based *see our Cashew Sour Cream recipe link
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
- 8 pieces tortilla whole wheat, no flour added
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat. Simmer until fork tender about 10 minutes then drain the excess water.
- Add the sweet potato, black-eyed peas, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and all spice into a food processor and pulse until the mix is mashed well.
- Mix in the "sour cream" and liquid smoke.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat while you spread the bean mixture on one tortilla and top with another. Cook in the skillet about 4 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
Serves well with your favorite salsa.