A great non-dairy cheese sauce!
- Food Processor
- 2 cups potatoes peeled, diced small
- 1 cup carrots peeled, cut into 1/4' rounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservative
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a large pot covered in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and leave to cook for about 17-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Drain vegetables in a colander then transfer to a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor, then blend on high until smooth. Enjoy!
Use over steamed vegetables or as a dipping sauce for a number of dishes. This sauce works great in Mac N Cheese recipes.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (2.25 oz)
Calories 223.27 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.9g12%
Vitamin A 7.47IU0%
Vitamin B1 7.02mg468%
Vitamin B2 7.42mg436%
Vitamin B3 40.55mg203%
Vitamin B5 0.27mg3%
Vitamin B6 7.75mg388%
Vitamin B12 33.8µg563%
Vitamin C 0.75mg1%
Vitamin E 1.96mg13%
Vitamin K 10.13µg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.