Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled, sliced 1/4' thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp thyme fresh, minced
- 2 leaves bay leaves
- 6 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 30 oz chickpeas canned, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup ditalini whole wheat
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, minced
- Heat the olive oil in the Dutch Oven over medium heat then sauté the onion, carrots, celery, salt and black pepper for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, thyme, bay leaves, broth, and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the pasta, increase the heat to medium-high, and boil until just tender, about 16 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves and stir in the parsley. Serve and enjoy.