Creamy Cashew Spread
- Food Processor
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 tsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Place cashews in a medium sized bowl and cover with water. Soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the cashews, reserving the soaking water.
- Place the cashews, 2 tbsp of reserved soaking water, lemon juice, basil, parsley, tahini, salt and pepper in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Add 1 tbsp of water at time to help thin spread if desired.
- Transfer to a airtight lidded container and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serve with whole wheat crackers or as a spread for wraps and sandwiches.