Creamy Cauliflower Pesto Pasta
- Food Processor
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower florets fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 3 cups rotini pasta Tinkyada Brand
- 2 1/2 cups Italian veggie mix frozen *see below
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup basil fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat with the water and the vegetable bouillon cubes. Add in the cauliflower and simmer about 10 minutes. While the cauliflower is cooking, start heating water for the pasta.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package for the amount. Six minutes before the end of the cook time add in the Italian mix to heat through. Once done; drain and set to the side for later.
- Carefully add the cauliflower and broth into a food processor along with the plant-based milk, nutritional yeast and basil. Blend until pureed then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce, pasta and veggies back into the large pot and heat over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
*Italian Veggie Mix (broccoli florets, carrots, zucchini, Italian flat green beans)