Creamy Mexican "Mac and Cheese"
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups red bell pepper chopped
- 15 oz black beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen, no salt added
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce plant-based
- 1 cup tempeh crumbles
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based cheese Vio-Life (Brand) divided
- 1/4 cup soy milk unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 13.25 oz macaroni Tinkyada brand, cooked
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until translucent for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and bell peppers and continue to saute for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add all of the other ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheese to the pot and mix well. Cook until the vegetables, tempeh crumbles, and "cheese" are heated through.
- Spoon Mexican Mac and Cheese into a oven safe dish lined with parchment. Sprinkle the top with the 1/2 cup of "cheese" and place in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes to add a nice "cheesy" crust.
A topping suggestion would be a spattering of Sriracha sauce which will make for a caliente addition.