Creamy Tomato Soup Two
Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- Dutch Oven
- Food Processor
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup onion chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 leaf bay
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 56 oz tomatoes canned, whole, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups bread whole wheat, rustic
- 1/2 tbsp date sugar
- 1/4 cup chives fresh, minced
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in the Dutch Oven over medium-high temperature then sauté the onion, garlic, and bay leaf for about 7 minutes. Stir in the vegetable broth then lower the heat to low.
- Place the tomatoes with their juices in the food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in the bread, date sugar, and remaining olive oil then pulse until incorporated. Transfer tomato mixture to the Dutch oven, stir well, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, for another 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaf then return the soup to the food processor; pulse until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and sprinkle the chives across the top. Enjoy!