Crustless Green Quiche
- Food Processor or Blender
- 10 oz spinach chopped, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup broccoli diced small
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk unsweetened, original, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Butter to grease 9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, steam the spinach and broccoli until slightly cooked. Set aside and allow to cool. Drain and press as much moisture out of the spinach.
- In a blender or food processor, add the tofu crumbles with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the spinach and broccoli and mix by hand.
- Pour the mixture into a greased (earth balanced butter) 9 inch pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. The quiche will become firmer as it cools.
This recipe is also wonderful when made in a homemade whole wheat crust.