Cuban Rice Bowl
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups sweet potatoes chopped small
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 15 oz black beans canned, drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 2 tbsp hot sauce to taste
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- In a large skillet with a lid, sauté garlic and sweet potatoes in the olive oil until garlic is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in beans, vegetable broth, chili powder, paprika, and cumin. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Mix in lime juice and hot sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice.