- Food Processor
- 1/2 cup millet raw
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 oz chickpeas canned, drained, patted dry
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup scallions finely sliced
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Place the millet in a large saucepan along with the water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes, until the millet is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Transfer the cook millet to a food processor then add in the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, scallions, and coriander. Process until just combined but still chunky.
- Form the mixture into about 10 flat rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the falafel rounds for about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on a rack or over paper towels, then serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!
Serves well with lettuce, olives, or hummus.