Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
Helps Fight Cancer: Breast, Colon, Lung, Prostate
- Food Processor
- 1/2 cup millet raw
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 oz chickpeas canned, drained, patted dry
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup scallions finely sliced
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Place the millet in a large saucepan along with the water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 16-20 minutes, until the millet is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Transfer the cook millet to a food processor then add in the chickpeas, parsley, garlic, scallions, and coriander. Process until just combined but still chunky.
- Form the mixture into about 10 flat rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the falafel rounds for about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on a rack or over paper towels, then serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!
Serves well with lettuce, olives, or hummus.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 275.75 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.86g5%
Vitamin A 720.36IU14%
Vitamin B1 0.2mg13%
Vitamin B2 0.1mg6%
Vitamin B3 1.58mg8%
Vitamin B5 0.54mg5%
Vitamin B6 0.28mg14%
Vitamin C 14.92mg18%
Vitamin E 0.93mg6%
Vitamin K 155.57µg148%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.