Four Bean Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots peeled, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 28 oz tomatoes diced
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz white beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 15 oz kidney beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 15 oz black beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 15 oz garbanzo beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth *see our Homemade Broth recipe link
- 4 oz green chilies canned, mild, diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat then saute the onion, carrots, and bell pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, tomato paste, agave nectar, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt; cook another 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, broth, chilies. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Before serving stir in the vinegar. Enjoy!
Serves well with our Cornbread or Cornbread Croutons.