Italian Pasta and Vegetable Casserole
Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- 1 8 0z pkg Banza elbow pasta chickpeas
- 1 cup onion
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs No Preservatives
- 1/2 cup plant-based cheese Vio-Life brand, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the Tinkyada pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and transfer to a baking or casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic in the olive oil until the vegetables are soft. Mix in the tomatoes, corn, parsley, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Cook on low for 10 minutes and then add in the black pepper.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the cooked pasta. Cover the top with bread crumbs and the grated plant-based.
- Bake for 10 minutes.