Jackfruit Thai Curry
Everyone will love this quick jackfruit curry dish.
- Rice Cooker
- Large deep pan
- 1 can jackfruit
- 3 each baby potatoes
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 each green bell pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Cook the rice and vegetable broth in a rice cooker.
- While rice is cooking you can drain the jackfruit and cut out the core and keep the meaty pieces. Break apart and create a pulled meat texture.
- Wash and quarter the baby potatoes.
- Heat coconut oil in large, deep pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste, minced garlic, potatoes and jackfruit to the pan and saute for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Dice and add the red and green bell peppers to the pan. Add 2 tsp of agave and taste, add more if needed.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until it has a soup like appearance and the potatoes are tender.
- You can toast the cashews in a dry pan until golden brown.
- chop up the handful of cilantro.
- Serve over rice and top with cashews and fresh cilantro.