Kale and Carrot Falafel
- Food Processor
- 1 cup carrots peeled, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion choppped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tbsp tahini powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 15 oz chickpeas canned, drained, rinsed
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the kale, carrots, parsley, onion and garlic to your food processor and pulse until only small pieces remain.
- Continue to add the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and chickpeas and process again until smooth with a little texture.
- Finally add in the salt and flour; process until just mixed in.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scoop to scoop; then flatten the Falafel mixture slightly with the back of the scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then flip and bake for another 10 minutes. Serves well with mixed greens, Plant-based Tzatiki (see recipe link), and a whole-wheat pita.
Keeps well the the fridge for up to 5 days, or portion and freeze for easy convenience.