Mixed Veggie Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 15 oz chickpeas canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 12 oz Italian vegetable mix frozen, *see notes below
- 2 tsp basil dried
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees while you coat the inside of a 8.5 x 11 inch casserole dish with the 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance butter.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then pour into the prepared casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 47 to 55 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!
Italian vegetable mix- zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots, green beans, and lima beans