- 6 whole beets raw, peeled, grated
- 8 1/2 cups water boiling
- 3 tbsp vegetable bouillon *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 2 tbsp dill fronds fresh
- Place the grated beets into a large saucepan then pour the boiling water over them; bring pot to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 1 hour, until the beets begin to lose color.
- Remove from the heat and strain liquid through a colander into another saucepan. Add in the bouillon, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pan back over the heat to warm the soup through. Serve garnished with the dill fronds. Enjoy!