Pulled Jackfruit Tacos
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 20 a oz jackfruit canned, unripe, in water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce no sugar added
- 8 shells taco shells
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan at medium to high heat. Drain and rinse the jackfruit, remove the core of the fruit for a better texture, then add to pan. Pan fry fruit for about 4 minutes, then add the spices, water and tomato paste and mix.
- Let the jackfruit simmer in the pan for 15 minutes, uncovered till the water is absorbed.
- Use two forks to shred the fruit to create the "pulled" look.
- Pour in the bbq sauce and mix well. Let cook for another minute to absorb the sauce.
- Lay out tacos and fill with your "pulled" jackfruit, leafy greens, cabbage, and cilantro. Enjoy!
Serves well with a plant-based crema, and salsa.