Quinoa and Veggie Stew
Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, cut 1/2' pieces
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika ground
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 6 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 1/2 cups red potatoes unpeeled, 1/2' pieces
- 1 cup white quinoa prewashed
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cups tomatoes cored, chopped coarse
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 cup avocado pitted, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, minced
- Heat the olive oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat then sauté the onion, and bell pepper for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, paprika, coriander, cumin, broth and potatoes then bring pot to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the quinoa and simmer another 8 minutes then add in the corn; cook another 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and peas and simmer until heated through about 3 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat then serve in individual bowls sprinkled with salt, pepper. avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!