Red Lentil and Veggie Soup
- Slow Cooker (2 or 4 quart)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup carrot peeled, chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup turnip chopped
- 3/4 cup red lentils dried
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Add all of your ingredients to your 2 or 4 quart slow cooker; stirring well to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring the cooker once a hour to prevent any sticking of the soup to the bottom of the pot. Enjoy!
To boost this recipe add a couple of our Homemade Bouillon cubes.