Spanish Lentil Stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup green bell pepper deseeded, finely diced
- 1 cup tomato finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots peeled, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups potato peeled, finely diced
- 3 cups lentils cooked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper cracked
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and tomato and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, vegetable broth, water, carrots and potato. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes and carrots are fork soft.
- Stir in the lentils, soy sauce, salt and black pepper; cook for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scoop 2 ladles of stew into a blender and blend for 30 seconds then add back to the stew to help thicken it. Stir well and let cook about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Serves well topped with chopped green onions or fresh chopped cilantro.