Spiced Bean Stew
- 1 tsp garam masala ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 whole red chili seeded, chopped
- 14 oz kidney beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 14 oz cannellini beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 14 oz adzuki beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 14 oz tomatoes canned, diced, fire roasted
- 7 oz lentils split-red
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 1/4 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Mix together the garam masala, cumin, coriander, and olive oil in a large saucepan over high heat for about 2 minutes to release the aroma's.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and red chili then sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat then add in the beans, diced tomatoes, lentils, and bouillon. Cook for another 16-18 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the lemon juice, salt and pepper lastly before serving to help brighten the flavor. Enjoy!