Spicy Couscous Salad
- 1 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot with a lid, add vegetable broth, water, and couscous and bring to a boil. Add in seasoning and stir well.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes or until couscous is soft and liquid is absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork and mix in the lemon juice.
- In a skillet, sauté the zucchini, bell peppers, and garlic in the olive oil until soft. Add mixture in with the couscous.
- Add in the parsley and season with the salt and pepper.