Spicy Garlic Broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 servings brown rice long-grained *see notes below
- 2 tbsp scallions diced
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl except the cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat then saute the florets until they start to soften; about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate small pan heated to medium low; heat the sauce while you whisk in the cornstarch to help thicken it. Make sure the sauce is lump-free.
- Add sauce to the broccoli pan and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender but firm. Serve over brown rice with scallions sprinkled across the top.
Tip: Use one of our Homemade Bouillon cubes in the water for the brown when cooking for added flavor.