Tofu Scramble with Peppers, Shallots, and Herbs
- 14 oz tofu soft, drained, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp shallot minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 2 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- Crumble the tofu and let drain on paper towels for about 20 minutes to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then sauté the bell pepper and shallot for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled tofu, salt, turmeric, and black pepper and cook until tofu is hot about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Enjoy!