Veggie Mexican Rice
Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
Helps Fight Cancer: Breast, Colon, Liver, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Stomach
- 1 cup long grain brown rice uncooked
- 1 cup tomato roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded, diced small
- 1 cup zucchini diced very small
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 15.5 oz black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth *** Click on vegetable broth recipe link
- 1/2 Lime fresh-squeezed from 1/2 of lime
- 1 cup avocado peeled, pitted, diced
- Follow instructions on brown rice package on how to cook.
- Meanwhile, when rice is cooking, combine the tomato, onion, and garlic into a blender. Puree until liquefied . If the result is less than 1 cup of liquid, add a bit of vegetable broth.
- Once the rice is completed, move the rice to a large 3qt pot. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, bell pepper, zucchini, corn, black beans, tomato puree, and stock to the pot. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat, cooking for approximately 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the pot from the heat and fluff the rice with a fork. If all of the liquid has been absorbed but the rice is a bit underdone, leave it to stand, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Add squeezed lime juice, mix well.
- Top with avocado.
Serve with lime slices, fresh cilantro, green onion, or plant based sour cream.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Veggie Mexican Rice
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 321.69 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.42g9%
Vitamin A 2030.85IU41%
Vitamin B1 0.42mg28%
Vitamin B2 0.27mg16%
Vitamin B3 69.5mg348%
Vitamin B5 1.63mg16%
Vitamin B6 0.65mg33%
Vitamin C 74.89mg91%
Vitamin E 3.15mg21%
Vitamin K 26.26µg25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.