Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
Helps Fight Cancer: Bladder, Breast, Liver, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Stomach
- Food Processor
- 14 ounces vegetable broth ***Click vegetable broth link for recipe
- 1 cup lentils dried, rinsed, sorted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp water boiling
- 1 tbsp flax seed ground
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Panko plain
- 3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp thyme dried
- 4 buns Kaiser whole wheat
- 4-6 slices tomato
- 4-6 leaves lettuce
- 1/4 cup healthy homemade mayo ****Click on healthy homemade mayo link for recipe
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1/4 tsp dill dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the grill to 350 degrees.
- Boil the broth in a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Stir in the lentil's and 1 tsp of salt; reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until lentils are tender and water is absorbed. Once cooked allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine the flax seed and the boiling water; set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Place the lentils, carrot, and mushrooms into a food processor; pulse until finely chopped but not smooth. Transfer mix to a large bowl along with the Panko, onion, garlic, thyme, and flax seed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours.
- Shape lentil mixture into 4 (1/2 inch thick) patties. Grill for about 5-6 minutes on each side until browned on both sides.
- Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, dill, remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, and black pepper. Serve burgers on the rolls with lettuce, tomato, and a couple of tablespoons of sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 292.2 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.24g2%
Vitamin A 18901.31IU378%
Vitamin B1 0.53mg35%
Vitamin B2 0.27mg16%
Vitamin B3 4.44mg22%
Vitamin B5 1.27mg13%
Vitamin B6 0.56mg28%
Vitamin B12 0.02µg0%
Vitamin C 20.37mg25%
Vitamin D 0.01µg0%
Vitamin E 0.68mg5%
Vitamin K 233.98µg223%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.