Mexican Tofu and Mushroom Enchiladas
Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- 1 block firm tofu diced small
- 5 Portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 15 oz can of enchilada sauce divided, no additives, no dyes
- 8 unbleached flour or plant-based tortillas whole wheat
- 1/2 cup plant-based cheese violife brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sauté the tofu, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the olive oil. Mix in the chili powder and stir well.
- Remove from the stove and mix in the black olives and about 1/3 to 1/2 cups of the enchilada sauce. Mix well.
- In the bottom of a casserole dish or baking dish, spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- On each tortilla, place about 1/4 cup of tofu and mushroom mixture and gently roll. Place into the casserole dish keeping them snugly together. Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce, covering each tortilla well.
- Spread the plant-based cheese over the top and bake for 25 minutes.