Peppered Portabella Faquitas
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cups onion julienned, red and white
- 4 cups bell pepper julienned, assorted color
- 5 cups portabella mushrooms de-ribbed, 1/2' sliced lengthwise
- 4 wraps whole wheat no bleached flour
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cheese plant-based
- 4 tbsp sour cream plant-based plant-based
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, then set to the side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat and saute the onion, and bell pepper for about 7 minutes.
- Add in the portabella's and cook until they shrink and start to brown slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce so that there are no lumps, then add to the portabella mix. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lay out your wraps and build up your faquita's with a base of portbella-mix, mixed greens, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream with a drizzle of lime juice. Enjoy!