Red Onion Gravy
Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
Helps Fight Cancer: Breast, Colon, Endometrial, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Stomach
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 3 1/3 cups vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 2 tsp yeast extract
- 1 tsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over high heat. Once hot, add the onions to the pan then turn the heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes until the onions begin to caramelize.
- Sift in the flour to avoid clumping while stirring to make sure everything is evenly coated. Continue to cook for a few minutes to help remove the flour taste.
- Gradually add in the broth, stirring between additions to thicken with the onion and flour mixture.
- Once gravy thickens, transfer to a blender slowly; then pulse until smooth. Add in the yeast extract and soy sauce to help flavor and color the gravy.
- Return gravy to the pan to cook for a few more minutes and allow the flavors to combine. Enjoy!
Serves well with our "Sausage" or over faux mash.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Red Onion Gravy
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 81.38 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.5g3%
Vitamin A 127.93IU3%
Vitamin B1 0.7mg47%
Vitamin B2 0.55mg32%
Vitamin B3 3.93mg20%
Vitamin B5 0.21mg2%
Vitamin B6 0.18mg9%
Vitamin C 5.88mg7%
Vitamin E 0.69mg5%
Vitamin K 14.17µg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.