Shitake Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 1/2 oz shitake mushrooms fresh, sliced, washed, patted dry
- 3 tbsp vegetable bouillon *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup leeks chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat then sauté the mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the water, bouillon, snow peas, leeks, salt and pepper; cook for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Enjoy!
Serves well with a small bowl of brown rice.