Tuscan Bread Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups zucchini halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup yellow squash halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 28 oz tomatoes canned, un-drained, diced
- 15 oz cannellini beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning ***Click on Italian Seasoning Recipe link
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 leaf bay
- 4 cups vegetable broth *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup kale fresh, stemmed, chopped
- 8 oz bread rustic whole wheat, no bleached flour
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and saute the onion, celery, and carrot for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, beans, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, broth and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the pot begins to boil; reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale; simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!