Tuscan Bread Soup
Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
Helps Fight Cancer: Bladder, Colon, Liver, Lung, Pancreatic, Prostate, Stomach
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups zucchini halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup yellow squash halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 28 oz tomatoes canned, un-drained, diced
- 15 oz cannellini beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning ***Click on Italian Seasoning Recipe link
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 leaf bay
- 4 cups vegetable broth ***Click vegetable broth link for recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup kale fresh, stemmed, chopped
- 8 oz bread rustic whole wheat, no bleached flour
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and saute the onion, celery, and carrot for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, beans, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, bay leaf, broth and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once the pot begins to boil; reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale; simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Tuscan Bread Soup
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 99.74 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.21g1%
Vitamin A 297.34IU6%
Vitamin B1 0.09mg6%
Vitamin B2 0.11mg6%
Vitamin B3 1.27mg6%
Vitamin B5 0.29mg3%
Vitamin B6 0.24mg12%
Vitamin C 11.69mg14%
Vitamin E 1.07mg7%
Vitamin K 15.79µg15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.