Helps Fight Cancer: Breast, Colon, Prostate
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance butter
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper cracked
- 14 oz tomatoes canned, diced, no salt added
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein small crumbles
- 1 1/4 cups elbow macaroni dried, no bleached flour
- In a large pan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 7 minutes. Mix in the paprika's, and Italian seasonings and stir until aromatics turn fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then add macaroni and the TVP. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken up. Season dish with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
ALERT: Sodium levels are high please balance with lower sodium recipes to make sure daily totals are in check.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 178.82 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.68g4%
Vitamin A 1150.1IU23%
Vitamin B1 0.32mg21%
Vitamin B2 0.25mg15%
Vitamin B3 5.53mg28%
Vitamin B5 1.3mg13%
Vitamin B6 0.8mg40%
Vitamin C 41.88mg51%
Vitamin E 6.5mg43%
Vitamin K 30.87µg29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.