Better Taco Salad
- Microwave oven
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup corn canned, low sodium
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp taco sauce or hot sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa low sodium
- 1/4 cup Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise see recipe link
- 12 Healthy Whole Wheat Tortilla chips crumbled, see recipe link
- 1 avocado diced
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, olives, corn, and jalapeno peppers. Set aside.
- Warm the beans in the microwave until beans are softened. Stir in taco sauce, salsa, and mayonnaise, mashing the beans with a fork forming a thick sauce.
- Combine bean mixture with lettuce mixture. Mix well. Add tortilla chips and avocado slices. Add hot sauce to taste.