A great plant-based replacement. You won't be able to tell the difference, they taste that good.
- 1 Skillet
- 10 corn taco shells Brand "Organics"
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning •••••••click on link for recipe
- 1 15oz can refried black beans No preservatives
- 1/2 head lettuce shredded, small pieces
- 1 whole onion diced small pieces
- 1 whole tomato diced small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese plant-based Brand "Vio-Life"
- 1 cup water filtered
- 3 cups ground meat plant-based Brand "Gardein"
- Add 3 cups of Gardein round meat to skillet.
- Stir in the taco seasoning with the ground meat.
- Mix in one cup of water to the ground meat in the skillet, place on medium heat for 5 minutes stir often.
- Warm up the refried beans.
- Dice onion, tomato and set aside.
- Chop lettuce into small pieces and set aside.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of Bio-Life cheese and set aside.
- When meat is done, add 2 tbsp refied beans to the bottom of the taco shell, then add 2 tbsp ground meat, 1 tbsp tomatoes, 1 tsp onions, 2 tbsp lettuce, and 1 tbsp cheese on top of the taco.
ALERT!!!!!! Be careful with this recipe because you will need to balance your daily Fat totals. The per serving for this recipe is for 2 tacos. You can also add a tbsp of Dave's Pico to the top if you wish.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (2 tacos)
Calories 378.73 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4.86g30%
Vitamin A 1191.32IU24%
Vitamin B1 0.08mg5%
Vitamin B2 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 1.62mg8%
Vitamin B5 1.38mg14%
Vitamin B6 0.09mg5%
Vitamin B12 0.14µg2%
Vitamin C 9.32mg11%
Vitamin E 0.79mg5%
Vitamin K 108.88µg104%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.